Wednesday, February 1, 2012

3rd Topic for Brides and Grads- Makeup!!!

As you may already know, makeup is a critical part of your overall look as a Bride or a Graduate.  I don't think you need to feel hidden under a layer of makeup, but we must keep in mind that you want your makeup to show up in pictures.  If you are not wearing much makeup, it will be difficult for the camera to pick up on it.

As a Bride or a Grad, I strongly suggest that you get a makeup trial before your big day.  This will ensure that you are on the same page as your makeup artist, and will also ensure that you will be getting the look you have been wanting.  Don't be afraid to take advice from your makeup artist, often we REALLY do know what we are talking about. 

Even if you never wear makeup, don't be shy to call for a makeup trial.  I LOVE surprising non-makeup wearers with a look that even they will love!  Don't be afraid of foundation or a bit of mascara, they WON'T hurt you-and they are a subtle way of giving you a bit of beautiful drama!

Sometimes I caution my clients from finding pictures of peoples' makeup in magazines. While the look can be nice, it may not always look as good on you-different face shapes, coloring, etc.   If you are a die-hard magazine clipper, just make sure you have a realistic expectation, and be willing to tweak the look, to better suit you!

False lashes are also a great way to add some drama.  They open up the eye, and depending on the type of lash as well as the application, they can even look natural!  It will cost a bit extra, but well worth it!

Lastly, at Pure White, one of my FAVORITE services to offer my brides and grads is makeup on-the-go.  This means packing up my makeup kit, and doing makeup in the comfort of your own home!  The more the merrier-the Bride, bridesmaids, mothers, daughters, graduate, friends, etc.  This will ensure a calm and relaxing morning-I LOVED the fact that I got to spend the morning getting ready with my bridal party, and I know you will too!  *A minimum of 4 people is required*

Well, that pretty much sums it up...get ready to start booking your makeup appointments!  Give Pure White a call at 289-1650. 


Check out my other blog posts for brides and grads for more tips and tricks!
Happy Planning!!!

Sarah

No comments:

Post a Comment